Mayesh Houston is excited to announce an upcoming hands-on workshop with designer Stacey Carlton AIFD on March 6th! Students will make individual and collaborative designs and be inspired by Stacey’s fresh approach to the art of designing wedding flowers. Work with beautiful Mayesh blooms and garden roses from Alexandra Farms!
Following the workshop will be a cocktail reception. Everyone is welcome to stop by for snacks & refreshments, hope to see you there!
Stacey Carlton AIFD of The Flora Culturist
Stacey Carlton AIFD is a second generation floral designer and educator residing in Chicago. Her extensive educational journey is supported by her life-long training in floristry,horticulture, and visual arts. Inducted into AIFD in 2010, she is an internationally published artist most recently in the highly coveted 2016/2017 International Floral Art Book by Stitching Kunstboek. Stacey is celebrating a three year consecutive win from Fusion Flower Magazine’s International Designer of the Year competition with four medals in 2016. She prefers to demonstrate her natural modern design aesthetic in large scale installations, wedding and event decor, floral fashion, and street art. Stacey is passionate about advancing the artistry of the floral industry by supporting design education, encouraging individual style and techniques, and developing custom floral art to suit her clients' needs and wants.
WORKSHOP DETAILS & OBJECTIVES
- Discuss individuality and personalization of wedding design
- Showcase techniques that can be used in various applications of wedding design, specifically an armature technique that we will used for bouquet design. It's all about that base!
- A smart hybrid approach to quick, sturdy, and comfortable fresh floral crowns
- Fresh updates to wedding decor staples
- A collaborative design effort combining several discussion points to end the class
SCHEDULE & OTHER INFO
March 6th, 2017
12-5pm - Hands-on Workshop
5:30-8pm - Cocktail Reception
Mayesh Houston - 470 Garden Oaks Blvd, Houston, TX 77018
$75 REGISTRATION FEE
Students should bring their own tools
To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 832-410-4810