It has been a week and a half since I shared my COVID-19 Floral Business Checklist post. Since then it has been a whirlwind of setting up new Facebook Lives for our Mornings with Mayesh show, relaunching shipping out of LAX, networking and virtual meetings, and so much more. But I know that I promised you some marketing articles, so here is my first one. Today, we are going to tackle the florist marketing plan!! Who's excited to tackle this?!
Before you get into the nitty-gritty details of planning out videos, social media posts, and content to promote your business in the months to come, it always helps to start off with a marketing plan. This piece is critical to guide your marketing strategies down the right path to ensure that you are always working towards meeting your goals.
In your plan you should define your mission, business goals and what marketing strategies you may use to achieve those goals, along with KPIs, marketing personas, and more. I don't think it is necessary to write an article on how to do this from scratch because there are so many wonderful resources that already exist. For marketing resources, two of my favorite places is HubSpot and Social Media Examiner - below are three great articles that should give you the confidence to develop your own marketing plan.
- Everything You Need to Write a Marketing Plan [+ Examples]
- This article defines the 8 steps to write your own marketing plan. Afterwards, they share 5 marketing plan examples to help you visualize your own.
- 5 Steps to Create an Outstanding Marketing Plan [Free Templates]
- This article helps you understand some additional exercises to complete to ensure a steller plan. They talk about SWOT, defining target audiences, how to set SMART goals, anlyzing tacticsk and setting budgets.
- How to Optimize Your Online Marketing Plan: A 4-Step Process
- If you aren't a new business, then it might be worth it to start with this article to help you analyze and look at your current online situation to see how you can improve your marketing plan.
Have questions or need someone to bounce ideas off of? Post your questions in the comments and I can help you out.