Yvonne and our 2020 Mayesh Design Star, Anthony Maslo of The Boy Who Cried Flowers, got together for our latest Mornings with Mayesh! They discussed Anthony's flower story, how he came up with his business name, what inspires his creativity & so much more. Tune in and join the conversation!
If you tune in and enjoy our show, I would love for you to share this video with your flower friends or leave a comment below - if you have time for both then even better!
Stay tuned for the date of our next show and keep on sending in your floral questions! Thanks for watching!
Here are the video, podcast replay, and show notes:
- To get started, why don’t you tell us a little bit about yourself and your flower story?
- What is the story behind your company’s name, “The Boy Who Cried Flowers”?
- I know sustainability is a passion of yours. Do you want to talk about your take on how we can all work towards a more sustainable industry?
- You do all sorts of design work - retail, events, brand, editorial, weddings - what is your favorite type of floral design to work on?
- Where do you look for creative inspiration?
- If you could design a wedding any way you desired - what colors, flowers, and other elements would you incorporate?
- @mythologyfloral: How did you get into floral design?
- @heathersaguro: How long have you been working with flowers?
- Juliana: Yeah I’m so excited that the design star has a retail store!
- Most floral resources/tutorials are focused towards wedding and event design. Do you have any recommendations on great resources for a retail florist to become better at running/organizing a retail flower shop? Workshops? Classes?
- Any advice on POS systems and websites that are easy, effective & efficient?
- @ruscamarcelo: What is your favorite Delphinium variety? Candle? Elatum? Triton?
- @gabriella_inthemoment - advice on being a great florist?
WRAP UP QUESTIONS
- Do you have any upcoming events that you would like to tell us about?
- Flower School LA's 5 Day Intensive Series; February 17-21
- How can our listeners connect with you after the show?
RAPID FIRE QUESTIONS
- Favorite flower?
- Favorite color?
- Coffee or tea?
- Who do you admire the most?
- Are you a morning or night person?
- What is your favorite hobby?
- What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?
- What is one of your weird quirks?
- What is your favorite song?
- Are you a dog or cat person?
- What is success?