Our second 2021 Mayesh Design Star, Gilberto Espinoza of Dogwood & Fir, joined me for our latest Mornings with Mayesh. In the first half of the show, we talked about his debut design video that launched last week, “Croquet Party Tablescape” and then we discussed starting a business during a pandemic, the importance of floral education in Gilberto’s life, along with answering any other questions from the live audience.
Stay tuned for the next show & keep on sending in your floral questions! Below you will find the podcast, video replay, and show notes.
- Can you go into more detail regarding placement on the tables and why you picked what you did?
- Would you consider being a complete foam-free business?
- Will the water from the igloo drip on the table?
- When you started to pull together the mood board for your design video - what was your starting point? The Pantone colors? The croquet party? The 1920s?
- How much would you price this design at?
- How do I become a 2022 Mayesh Design Star? Fill out this form:
- You have been a designer for about 4 years and then when the pandemic hit. And you decided to open your own business? Tell me more about that? How has the pandemic shaped your business model?
- I feel like so many designers are self-taught. You, however, decided to go to floral design school and worked at a flower shop. How have those experiences shaped you into the designer you are today?