If you know about our International Workshop Experience, then you will know that Hanneke Frankema is one of our two featured designers that will be leading the workshop portion of the event. With that said, we were so excited to have Hanneke on the show. Hanneke is an award-winning Dutch designer known for her amazingly intricate bouquets and stunning transparent floral installations. We chatted about her unique flower story, competitions, her jaw-dropping Fleuramour installation, and so much more.
If you tune in and enjoy our show, I would love for you to share this video with your flower friends or leave a comment below - if you have time for both then even better!
Mark your calendars for March 31st for our next show with our very own Charity Reel. We will be discussing our new website and all of its useful features.
Here are the video, podcast replay, and show notes:
- To get started, why don’t you tell us a little bit about yourself and your flower story?
- I read somewhere that you are the youngest florist to achieve a Master status in Holland. For those of us that may not understand what that means, can you tell us more about that?
- You are the 2018 Dutch Champion? Can you tell us the story of how that came to be?
- And now you are getting ready to compete in the 2020 Europa Cup - can you tell us more about that?
- Let’s talk about your giant installation that you designed for Fleuramour - Measuring eight metres in height and ten metres in diameter, the 2900 pounds design used 5,000 tubes, 15,000 tie wraps, and 12,000 flowers! https://hannekefrankema.com/projects/gigantic-floral-installation-fleuramour
- Tell us all of the juicy details ….
- How did you come up with the concept?
- How long did it take to create the install? How many people?
- Do you still have a flower shop? Or is your business focus on a different segment of the industry?
- What is your favorite type of design to create?
- How do you stay inspired and come up with fresh design ideas?
- What floral trends do you see coming?
- If you could go back to talk to your younger self when you were just getting started in the floral industry, what advice would you give her?
@fionaryan.bloom - Do you have a background in art? Your designs are so unique and outside of the box!
- How can our listeners connect with you after the show?