Mornings with Mayesh: How to Become a Hotel Florist
The Hotel Florist, Franceska McCaughan, joined me for my latest segment of Mornings with Mayesh to discuss the hotel floral industry. In this episode, learn about what a hotel florist is, how this segment of our industry has been affected by Covid, and strategies on getting your foot in the hotels’ doors. This may be a whole new segment that you’ve never considered OR you may have been too intimidated to explore more. We are going to break it down and answer your questions.
- What is a Hotel Florist and why is it different than a wedding & event florist?
- How has the Hotel Floral Industry has been affected by Covid-19 and what can florists do to add value to the hurting hospitality industry?
- What is the best way to get your foot in the door and start working with hotels?
- Question from @albertnfloral: Any suggestions or advice for how to get the hotel contract?
- Who do you speak to at the hotel?
- How is a corporate/hotel floral proposal differ from a wedding proposal?
- How long are typical hotel floral contracts?
- What types of floral designs are hotels looking for?
- How much time does it entail to take care of a $5000 per month hotel contract?
- Do you have any favorite hotel floral moments that you created?
- Other creative ideas? Pop-up flower shops, brand activations.
- Restructuring and ideas to create a better work-life balance.
- Advice for florists who may be located in a smaller city - being a hotel florist is still possible.
- How do you handle a corporate account that is behind in paying?
- Where do you get inspiration for hotel floral design?
- Hotel floral designs do not need specific flower varieties, which is great, but what are some product challenges that you may face as a hotel florist?
- You are offering a free masterclass right now - tell us more about that?