If you've decided to pivot your business, you may be wondering now what? Drew Rios of Rogue&Fox Floral Co joined me to dig into the topic of pivoting - steps to take, business tips, resources, and how she pivoted successfully! This is a very informative episode that you don't want to miss!
Podcast replay, video replay, and show notes:
- Before we begin, please introduce yourselves and tell us a bit about your flower journey?
- How has COVID-19 impacted our industry and how can we prepare mentally for the shift?
- What are some business tips that you have for surviving this shift?
- floral order tips
- sales tips
- go beyond Instagram
- hitting the pavement
- offering incentives
- taking good quality photos of your work - connect with Nicole about doing a live about this?
- connecting with your followers & respond, interact, what are they thinking
- What are some government resources that we should know about?
- LA - LA Regional Covid fund
- Paycheck Protection Program
- Let’s say we have some viewers who are watching that have decided to pivot, now what?
- Steps you need to take first
- 1. Ask yourself: what do you want to achieve? Be specific.
- e.g. I want to make 10,000 by Sept 1st
- I want to reach 500 followers by December 1, 2020
- Drew sets weekly goals.
- 2. Ask yourself: what do people need?
- 3. Look at 5-10 business that have successfully pivoted? Reach out, ask how they did, what was successful.
- Business Resources:
- What are your suggestions for people on how to evaluate what they need right now?
- Simple living during these difficult times while you pivot your business
- Viewer questions?
- Does pivoting include a move toward more live plants and/or more local sourcing of live and cut?
- @sowoodrightnow: What are some small ways to take action when the long game seems overwhelming?
- @baylesblooms: What do you know now that you wish you knew when starting your business?
- What are recommendations on strategies to scale for small and new floral design businesses?
- Technology MWM link: https://blog.mayesh.com/mwm-july-16
- How do you reach a larger market and then scale to meet demand but remain profitable?
Connect with Drew:
If Mayesh is not your floral supplier, we would love to start working with you. To get started, click the button below to register and then you will be put in touch with a Mayesh team member.