Our Mayesh Design Star, Tyson Lee of Mister Lee Designs, was my guest on yesterday's live show! We chatted about his second flower design tutorial video featuring an avant-garde floral wig, landing high-profile clients, finding inspiration for his floral designs, the creative process, and more.
Below is the podcast, video reply, pictures, and show notes:
- Your floral wig design featured in your first video had a more of a wedding vibe - this time around your next design is completely avant-garde. Can you talk a bit about the difference between the two flower designs and also the different design mechanics that you used?
- used about 100 stems of amaranthus
- You have done a great range of floral projects ranging from working with a lighting company to the drag community - what are some of your most memorable projects?
- I know you can't talk about who some of your high-profile clients are, but how do you get these types of clients?
- It seems like you found the sweet spot where your clients let you do what you want, How did you get to the place?
- How do you deal with customers who are pickier? Do you turn them down or embrace the challenge?
- Let’s talk inspiration … where do you get your inspiration from?
- Once you are inspired, what is your creative process - taking your inspiration to realization?
- What career goals have you set for the next 5 years?
- How would you define success in your career?