Our February 18th Mornings with Mayesh features Ryan O'Neil of Curate! Yvonne and Ryan talk about pricing, margins, automation, stem counting, proposals, technology and much more.
If you tune in and enjoy our show, I would love for you to share this video with your flower friends or leave a comment below - if you have time for both then even better!
Mark your calendars for March 3rd for our next show with award winning Dutch designer, Hanneke Frankema (one of our designers for our Netherlands International Workshop Experience) and keep on sending in your floral questions! Thanks for watching!
Here are the video, podcast replay, and show notes:
- Before we get started with our Q&A, can you tell our audience a little bit about yourself and your flower journey?
- What advice do you have for someone that is just starting a shop and has no clue where to start with pricing?
- How do I determine my floral market given location, experience, different arrangements etc?
- What is the best way to keep up with margins? Excel, software, pen and paper?
- How do I decide what kind of tech to invest in for my business?
- How should I make sure my stem counts are all done appropriately?
- “creativity comes from constraints”
- At what point in my business should I start looking at spending money on a tool that automates by processes?
- How can I ensure my team is designing to the price I quoted to get appropriate margins?
- Tracy: Hello! I love the idea of offering my clients beautiful proposals that are clear and concise with details. But is it possible to give too much information to a client especially if they have not committed to booking your services? What is the right balance for this process?
RAPID FIRE QUESTIONS
- Favorite flower?
- Favorite color?
- Coffee or tea?
- Who do you admire the most?
- Are you a morning or night person?
- What is your favorite hobby?
- What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?
- What is one of your weird quirks?
- What is your favorite song?
- Are you a dog or cat person?
- What is success?
WRAP UP QUESTIONS
- How can our listeners connect with you after the show?