Mornings with Mayesh: Floral Marketing with Hafsa Lewis
What is floral marketing? Hafsa Lewis of Hafsa & Co joined me live yesterday to answer that very question. We also chatted about working with other companies, brand activations, flat lays, current projects, future plans and so much more!
Here is the podcast, video replay, and show notes:
- Let’s just start with the main topic - What is Floral Marketing?
- Hafsa & Co motto: “we use flowers to help businesses stand out”
- Hafsa had some questions come in that we are going to start with from her community:
- Why did you end up working only with business and not doing weddings?
- How long have you been doing this?
- Do you travel off the island?
- What are some projects that you are working on this year that you are really excited about?
- For your video this month, you sat down with the owners of Lemon Press about the process that you guys went through to plan the installation at their restaurant. Do you have a favorite part of the planning process?
- What are some other ways, besides installations, that you can work with businesses to incorporate flowers into their marketing?
- workshops (flower crowns, etc), pop ups, flower backdrops
- Brand Activations. So the first time I heard this term was with our Mayesh Design Star, Anthony Maslo and I had no idea what that meant. Can you define what brand activation is and then maybe share an example or two of any of those types of projects you’ve worked on?
- I know you mentioned flat lays as a way that you have worked with businesses? What tips do you have to create an eye-catching flat lay?
- When you aren’t doing large-scale installations, what is your favorite type of design to be creating?
- Where do you see your business in 5 years?
- spreading joy through flowers
- What is your favorite flower?
- “if I could age like a peony”
- Want to be a Mayesh Design Star?