Our newest Mayesh Design Star, Hafsa Lewis of Hafsa & Co joined me for our latest Mornings with Mayesh. We dove into Hafsa's amazing dried floral installation at a restaurant, learned about how she works with businesses & brands as a florist, and answered your questions live!
Here is the podcast, video replay, and show notes:
- First, can you introduce yourself and share a bit about your flower story?
- Why did you decide to have your business focus on using flowers to help other businesses stand out?
- You studied psychology in school and have a passion for both mental health and flowers. How has that shaped you and your business?
- You are a self-taught designer. Can you describe your journey so far and tell us what may be next in your educational growth?
- Love the video and how you showcase how you can work with other businesses as a revenue stream for a floral business! This is the first time that we had a video feature an install at a restaurant. Can you share some other examples of when others want to do installations?
- Do you have a favorite past project that you worked on?
- How do you decide on doing a dried install versus a fresh flower install?
- @pistilnbloom: Any special tips for working with preserved product?
- Debbie asked, what hooks are you using? I believe you mentioned that the design was secured to the wall with screws. Were the screws there to start with? If there weren’t in the wall and you could use screws, what other ways could you secure the install to the wall?
- How much would you price this design at?
- priced per foot - add up the product & multiply it by your markup (e.g. 40-50%)
- doesn’t include labor
- @amandabeefloral: How did you market yourself to the companies that you work with?
- "You don’t get what you don’t ask for"