Mornings with Mayesh: Thinking Outside of the Vase
Ashley Rodriguez of Garden & Grace Floral Design and our next Mayesh Design Star, was our guest for last week's episode. Ashley took us completely outside the vase and dove into what it takes to work in unique environments, like pools of deep water, along with strategies for working with professionals that are not florists and what is next for Ashley.
Below are the podcast, video replay, and show notes:
- Before we get started can you introduce yourself and share your flower story?
- How did you get connected with Kimber of Water Bear Photography?
- So obviously, your floral installation design concept, an English underwater garden, isn’t something that can be used in everyday design. How can our viewers incorporate these types of concepts into their business?
- What are your tips for thinking creatively about mechanics in a unique environment (weighting things underwater, the safety of models, etc)?
- What are some strategies that you have used that work well for getting the best end result when working with other professionals who are not florists?
- Tell us more about how your business has grown and evolved from a hobby to a financially successful small business.
- Do you have any future plans or projects you’d like to share with us?